My Target Internship: Michael
Target offers Store Executive, Distribution, HQ Undergrad and HQ Graduate internship opportunities. Want to learn more? Jabari, a Store Executive Intern, shares his experience below.
• Name: Michael S.
• Lives in: Upper St. Clair (Pittsburgh), PA
• College year: Penn State University, Class of December 2017
• Why did you decide to do an internship at Target? I decided to do this internship with Target because it seemed like it would be a great experience with an even better company that would help me to build essential business and leadership skills.
• Which Target team(s) will you be working with this summer? What is your role? My role as an executive intern means I will be working with all the different teams throughout the Target store to gain insight and experience with each over the 10 week program. This will hopefully prepare me to lead the store and different teams throughout the final couple weeks of my internship.
• What do you hope to learn & what skills do you hope to build? I hope to learn more about what goes into being a great leader while learning what it takes to successfully run a business. I hope to take these observations and experiences from other leaders in the store to build upon my leadership and business skills to improve myself for the future.
• Tell us about your new Target team. What are your first impressions? My target team has been awesome to me since day one. Everyone has been kind, welcoming, and great to work with. The team has a very positive attitude that impacts both their work and the guests of the store. The members of the team are always willing to help me when I need it, and I was thankful for that the first couple weeks I was in role.
• What was your favorite moment from your first few weeks on the job? What surprised you most? My favorite moment from my first few weeks on the job was receiving positive feedback from my mentor and store team leader so that I knew what I was doing well, where I stood with the other team members, and what I needed to focus on moving forward. What has surprised me the most is how much certain areas of the store flow into others and how eager team members are to do well and help the guests.
• What’s your favorite part about shopping Target as a guest? My favorite part about shopping as a Target guest is the great deals you can find here, while feeling comfortable shopping in the store. I think every time I shop at Target I come expecting to buy one thing, and leave with more than I expected.